- What is Marketing by Kevin?
- What can you expect from Marketing by Kevin?
- What we are not saying:
- What we ARE saying:
- What is Your SEO Process?
- Some useful questions to ask an SEO that we get asked often:
- What is Marketing by Kevin?
What is Marketing by Kevin?
Marketing by Kevin is an online marketing agency and digital training resource for local and national businesses of all sizes, including solopeneurs and startups around the world. Our purpose is to assist entrepreneurs and businesses with identifying their core customer, highlighting critical information core customers are seeking, and expediting delivery of key information organically with the use of Digital Marketing thereby improving customer experiences with the company.
What can you expect from Marketing by Kevin?
You can expect results if you work with Marketing by Kevin, or else we will not take on your project. The Marketing by Kevin Team has been successfully helping businesses for several years which is why this business has now been created. With the power of the internet, we are able to leverage the brightest minds around the world for a fraction of the price to accelerate marketing plans.
What we are not saying:
- We are not implying we have a proprietary method of ranking you first on the search engines.
- We do not have a direct and favorable relationship with Google or any other search engines.
- We do not guarantee #1 rankings
What we ARE saying:
We do our very best to explain up front and in clear detail on exactly how to increase your digital footprint and why it’s important. Our website is structured so you can understand the principles of SEO before executing an SEO campaign.
The reason we want you to understand the fundamental principles of SEO before you try to attempt your own SEO efforts or start an SEO campaign with Marketing by Kevin or another marketing agency is to ensure you understand exactly why specific tasks need to be implemented, what the purpose of each task is, and how they will ultimately benefit you and your business in the long run.
If you are working with an agency like Marketing by Kevin, this will help you feel comfortable when creating your marketing budget and not feel in the dark when the spends are being executed. Every piece of content on your website should have a purpose and a tracked ROI. Getting to this point doesn’t happen overnight, but setting the expectation from the start that you will reach it is half the battle.
What is Your SEO Process?
Whether you have a blog or a business website that you want to energize, it’s likely you’ve either had a small amount or the wrong kind (improper) of SEO optimization done which could be causing the opposite effects that you are striving for.
Because of this, step 1 of our SEO process is a full website audit and penalty check.
Step 1 – Site Audit | Penalty Check
With the number of consultants online claiming to be SEO Experts, it can make your head spin and truly makes this decision even harder for business owners. From this, there is no other way to say it but we find bad work done on websites.
What we see often is the following:
- Keyword stuffing on the main pages of the website
- High volumes of low-quality backlinks linking to their website
- Over optimization of anchor texts with the target keywords
- Duplicate, low quality, or not enough content on the website
It’s possible because of one or multiple of these reasons, your website has the potential of being penalized over the years which has significantly hindered your website traffic.
It’s ok, you’re not alone and it can be fixed!
Identifying what is causing the bottleneck is step 1, which is why we audit your site.
Here is our FREE SEO Audit Tool.
This audit tool will give you an instant look at where your website can use improvements, a nice overview.
Step 2 – Who is my target customer | Keyword Research
Once we are certain you are clear from all things that can keep you from ranking in the search engines, we then want to move into the research phase of the project. Depending on the website will ultimately depend on the immediate approach, but ideally, our goal is to identify the most attainable keyword rankings for your website in the shortest amount of time.
Often websites will have keywords with lower search volume ranking on page 2 or 3 of Google but go unnoticed because they still do not generate traffic to the website. Our SEO Expert team excels at identifying these terms and formulating a plan to push these terms up to page 1 first.
By taking your lower volume keywords and pushing them to page 1, it begins to establish a targeted and consistent traffic flow to your website, which is what the search engines LOVE!
Ranking low search volume keywords are definitely not exciting, but it creates a snowball effect that drastically helps your longterm SEO efforts when ranking for more competitive high volume keywords. Consider the low volume keywords the foundation of your SEO plan. A solid foundation is essential for all buildings, especially when you are building a skyscraper.
Always consider your blog or website a skyscraper, even if you are still creating the foundation.
Content GAP Analysis:
During the research phase, we run an analysis called Content GAP Analysis.
What is Content GAP Analysis?
Content GAP Analysis is a report comparing your website against your top competitors, the keywords, and pages they have rankings for that your site is not targeting yet.
This report and the keywords from the report gives immediate insight into what content needs to be created on your website and what questions your customers are asking.
Step 3 – OnPage Optimization
Are you telling a complete story from start to finish on your website? Remember the foundation that you are creating, that also starts with your OnPage Optimization.
What is OnPage Optimization? OnPage Optimization is the process of telling the search engines and readers exactly what each page is about. This is accomplished by optimizing the specific page with the target keyword to the content, including the title, URL, meta description, images, content, internal links, and more.
Take a look at our extensive Local SEO Ranking Guide to understand the importance of OnPage Optimization.
Step 4 – High-Quality Link Building
Link building is one of the most essential components of SEO, yet also one of the more advanced and likely way to get your website penalized. So please take some time to understand link building first if this is new for you.
When a website links to another website, it essentially is telling the search engines it trusts that site which is why it is linking to it. Also, by linking to it, that means they are sending their traffic to that site as a trusted source in their content.
Now put that into context, think about if a website that has absolutely no visitors or rankings links to you. Do you think that will provide much value? Probably not.
But let’s say you are Psychiatrist, you have a Psychiatry Clinic and website you are trying to rank that got a backlink from a trusted website like WebMD.com. Not only is that an authority website, which means it is considered an information resources online by many, but also it is very relevant to your business. That would be the definition of a High-Quality backlink which is what the search engines love.
The only reason a quality website and company would link to your website is that you had something of value to offer and they were referencing it. Authority websites simply do not link to random websites because they are friendly.
So what does this tell you?
Offer value on your website.
I know, its hard to even know where to start when it comes to creating value on your website. Let me help:
How to Write Your FAQ Page: What You Need To Know
Some useful questions to ask an SEO that we get asked often:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Of course. We will be doing live case studies via webinars in the near future. However, I find success stories can be easily falsified. Because of this, our goal is to provide and express our value up front before you ask to hire us for our services to eliminate the worry of if this is a good fit for you.
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- 100% yes. As mentioned above, you will never hear from any of our team members that our methods are proprietary or “black hat”. We analyze what the target customer base is asking for and provide the information they need to aid in their buying decisions. We are here to either assist you in implementing this yourself or our team can manage your SEO campaigns with a “Hands Off” approach.
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- With Marketing by Kevin, there are no contracts, but we ask and suggest to give it 90 days minimum to see substantial results.
- All Marketing by Kevin Managed SEO Plans to receive a dedicated account representative that is your personal contact. You will receive a monthly report on all work that has been done plus a monthly follow up call with your account rep to explain exactly what has been done and is being done in a transparent and easy to understand manner.
- You are able to contact your dedicated rep any other time you have questions about your campaign as well.
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- We match our expert writers up to the industry you are in. That is the power of the internet today, we are able to leverage expert minds all over the world from our computers. So in short, yes, we should have your industry covered, but if you believe yours is unique, please shoot us a message and we can make sure.
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- We cringe a little when hearing the term SEO Techniques. We try to look at this in the most simplistic terms possible. Who is the target audience, what information are they requesting, what is currently available, how do we make the best content available to this audience that answers their questions the most accurately?
- What is a SEO Expert?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps people find information and products on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Ask. An SEO specialist or SEO Expert, then, researches and analyzes the trends and best practices online to determine, develop and implement strategies that improve target search results.
- What does a SEO consultant do?
- A search engine optimization consultant (or SEO consultant) is a job that audits websites and analyzes their incoming backlink profile in order to provide expert guidance and recommendations to business owners seeking to increase their digital footprint with their website.